Juventus market, speeding up for defensive coup

Getty Images

The need for a new central defender for Juventus has been in the air for a while’but the Champions League rout against Galatasaray highlighted all the defensive fragility of the Luciano Spalletti-coached team. The club absolutely must intervene in the market next summer, and sporting director Marco Ottolini is already at work to identify the ideal reinforcement to add to the Bianconeri squad. Clearly, the economic aspect will have to be taken into account, which is why the Old Lady is evaluating mainly zero-parameter shots.

Ernesto VillaThe Caporetto of Alessandro Bastoni: champions, comedians, singers and coaches attack him

What happened in Inter-Juventus has triggered an endless series of negative comments in regards to Alessandro Bastoni
In regards to the Inter's footballer and the national team have come criticism from exponents of so many sectors…
"Race distorted by a well-known Nerazzurri stunt-man (any reference to Bastoni is purely intentional)": it was Ezio Greggio who said it.
"After that'episode I changed the channel and started watching a movie. It is not an acceptable stuff" cut short Adriano Panatta.
"He knew he simulated and he did that scene afterwards: it is the ugliest thing, even more dramatic" so Marco Tardelli.
"Such a scandalous thing I haven’t seen since April 26, 1998 Juve-Inter, the one of the penalty not whistled to Ronaldo" said Enrico Varriale.
"Bastoni did four things wrong, not sporting: the simulation, the caution call for Kalulu, the'jubilation after the ejection, and the gesture of the pulled jersey" argued Daniele Adani.
Johnson Righeira ironically suggested awarding him the title of “Sportsman of the Year 2026.”
"His a clear simulation – claims designator Rocchi -. The latest in a long series in a championship in which they try in every way to cheat us.”
"He made a bad impression" the thought of'former Milan player Massimo Ambrosini.
"Bastoni simulated, because that is the correct term to use" stresses former referee Luca Marelli.
"Bastoni not only simulates in a serious way, but what is seen, what is intolerable, tells how he mocks Kalulu" outrages Massimo Giletti.

"Simulation I have always hated it – lets know the'technical expert Gigi Cagni -. But not only me, all those my generation hated it".
"Bastoni should not be summoned to the national team" suggests the'former Premier Enrico Letta.
"Bastoni cheering when you know the referee made a mistake and your opponent is desperate is a shameful thing" the opinion of Sandro Sabatini, among others former Inter's press office chief.
"They all simulate, but what you can&#039t watch is Bastoni's jubilation after Kalulu's ejection" stresses Fabio Caressa.

At the top of Juventus&#8217s target list is Marcos Senesi: the Argentine defender is expiring his contract with Bournemouth and has so far turned down all renewal offers made by the Rossoneri club. It is clear that the 1997-born center-back wants a change of scenery and there is no shortage of options: in addition to Juve, he is also being followed by Borussia Dortmund and Chelsea. Considering the fierce competition, Ottolini would like to come to an agreement with Senesi as soon as possible and is scheduling talks with the defender&#8217s entourage.

Juventus’ rout against Galatasaray sparked great controversy and even Ezio Greggio, a well-known TV host and big Juventus fan, wanted to have his say through a post on X: “I could republish one of my previous posts. For years Juve has been making bad buying campaigns and even this time it showed. We struggle in the Championship let alone in the Champions League. We have no spikes, we have no defenders besides the 2 or 3 good starters and on the midfield we open a debate”.

“An unquestionably good coach like Spalletti if he loses a pillar like Bremer to injury and replaces Cambiaso because he is cautioned, he is in trouble to build a defense that will hold up. I repeat: one cannot live only on the miracles of Yildiz. Let us put our hearts in peace again this year” concluded Greggio.

Some uncivilized people on social media have posted racist insults against Lloyd Kelly: “Criticism is part of life and also part of sport, and I have always accepted it: everyone is entitled to his own opinion. But this I will not accept: words and actions have meaning and also consequences” he wrote on his Instagram profile.

You may also like...