MotoGp, Rins wins in Australia but it’s big party for Bagnaia
Blue is now first with a 14-point lead
The 18th round of the MotoGp World Championship is staged in Australia. At the end of a spectacular race, the victory goes to Spaniard Alex Rins. Behind him are Marc Marquez and Italian Francesco Bagnaia.
A very important third place for the Ducati rider who, thanks to the fall of Fabio Quartataro (on the tenth lap), is worth the lead in the World Championship. Pecco is now first in the riders’ standings with 14 points ahead of the Yamaha rider, when there are only two races left in the World Championship.
Final standings Grand Prix Australia
1) A.Rins (SPA) – Suzuki – 40’50.654
2) M.Marquez (SPA) – Honda – +0.186
3) F.Bagnaia (ITA) – Ducati – +0.224
4) M.Bezzecchi (ITA) – Ducati – + 0.534
5) E.Bastianini (ITA) – Ducati – + 0.557
6) L.Marini (ITA) – Ducati) – + 0.688
7) J.Martin (SPA) – Ducati – + 0.884
8) J.Zarco (FRA) – Ducati) – + 3.141
After six titles won by Valentino Rossi in eight years it was the Spanish riders who took the lion’s share of the MotoGp world championship. From 2012 to 2020 only they have won, with Jorge Lorenzo a two-time world champion, Marc Marquez (6) and Joan Mir, triumphant in 2020 with his Suzuki.